Thread: What can I do to make this look better? Anyone?.. Anyone?..

Thanks

Post What can I do to make this look better? Anyone?.. Anyone?..

Hey guys,

Checkout this page on a website I'm working on for a client...

Tour | JBeachHouse

The content and pictures were provided by the client, I need to organize them in a nice and neat fashion.

Is there anything you would suggest doing to make this page look better in terms of formatting, placement, etc?

It just looks too awkward to me.

Any plugins that help with wordpress formatting?

Thanks!

JT

Thanks
    Hello,

For starters I would change the font for the content text to something like Segoe UI. You may still want to use more creative fonts for headers, section titles, etc. but make sure all text is clear and legible.

Segoe UI

I agree with most comments, your font selection is not the cleanest nor the easiest on the eyes. It would force me to search for another site.

I would create and add a favicon.

I would make the logo larger and more integrated into the design. The logo is a little small and doesn't have an impact. It tarnishes the brand used as is.

I would re-order the images and content to have more of a consistent and parallel flow. If you want to stagger the images and text in a tile format, great, but make sure the spacing and positioning is rather even to avoid looking like an abstract painting with big blocks of white space that add scrolling for no reason. Maybe this is where you use a JQuery plugin to better use your space and rotate or slide more than one image of each room in a single space (this way one place holds multiple images, helping to solve your white space issue).

The background comment is good too because a sun or some clouds or something graphical that ties into your business will add to the design. A challenge with the site is it doesn't pop, and the biggest challenge is the use of space (too much white space) along with the current font used for content.

These few changes will add a lot. Hope this helps.
    Empellex - IT and Media Services
    Creative Web Design | Custom Computer Programming | SEO | IT Consulting | Toronto, Ontario
    FiveStead - Buy and sell small services and products.
    Micro jobs for people by people - FiveStead

Thanks
    Here are five ways you can feel better about yourself—and make yourself more attractive to others:
    Don't take yourself too seriously.
    Do the right thing.
    Live for yourself.
    Choose to be happy.
    Take care of yourself.