Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead in [path]/includes/class_bootstrap.php(430) : eval()'d code on line 110
Yahoo! Local

Thread: Yahoo! Local

Thanks

Yahoo! Local

Hello

I paid for the premium listing in their local section and we are not even showing up for our keyword.

Is Yahoo Local using standard SEO algorithms to determine the ranking of businesses listed in that section?

The website is new, the business name is new.. etc. The address and phone number however are NOT new at all. They have been in business at that location for 30+ years with the same number.

Any help is much appreciated. My client is on my rear end with questions about this.

Thanks
    New domain and new business name is probably the issue here. Take time to build some trust sometimes. Does the client have citations which include the previous name and the current address anywhere on the net? I'm willing to bet they do and this could be causing a conflict.

Thanks
    Have patience and take time to build relations with search engines. As Riff said, new domain is causing this disturbance. Check your keywords and meta tags. Try to put some extra value within existing contents or add some more. Find earlier listings and modify them as to the newer site. Best wishes to you for this contract.

Thanks
    Localworks is a service that enables you to submit your listing information multiple directories from one place, and that provides you with information about your listing performance, listing status, and business ratings and reviews. Yahoo Local is one of the directories your listing information is submitted to.